Florida

As many states are starting to blue, Florida is one those states that are trending Republican. Florida is best known for controversy surronding the 2000 election, where George W. Bush prevailed by a 527 vote margin. In 2004, it seemed ripe for another one of those races. But to many people's suprise, Florida pulled away from the Democrats and Bush won the state by a close but comfortable 5 point victory.

It's 2008 now, and Florida is right back in the swing state column and both parties are gearing up for a fierce battle to the end. The Democrats could bery well grab victory in this state, but the GOP gets the narrow edge early on.

--------------------------------

President-

Status: Weak Republican
Electoral Votes: 27
Head to Head Polls: None


----------------------------------

Senate- No race in 2008


------------------------------------

House-

Competitive Races: District 16, District 22

District 16-
Incumbant: Tim Mahoney
Challengers: Doug Smith,Hal Valeche,Gayle Harrell, Rob Siedlecki, Tom Rooney
Status: Weak GOP Gain

District 22-
Incumbant Ron Klien
Challengers: Allen West
Status: Weak Dem Hold

Overall:

District 1: Jeff Miller (R-I) v Joe Roberts (D)
District 2: Allen Boyd (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 3: Corrine Brown (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 4: Ander Crenshaw (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 5: Virginia Brown-Waite? (R-I) v John Russell (D)
District 6: Cliff Stearns (R-I) v David Bruderly (D)
District 7: John Mica (R-I) v Faye Armitage (D)
District 8: Richard Keller (R-I) v ??? (D)
District 9: Gus Bilirakis (R) v ??? (D)
District 10: Bill Young (R-I) v ??? (D)
District 11: Kathy Castor (D) v Tim Fasano (R)
District 12: Adam Putnam (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 13: Vern Buchanan? (R-I) v ??? (D) - possibly competitive
District 14: Connie Mack, IV (R-I) v Larry Byrnes (D)
District 15: OPEN: ??? (R) v ??? (D)
District 16: Tim Mahoney (D-I) v ??? (R)
District 17: Kendrick Meek (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 18: Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 19: Robert Wexler? (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 20: Debbie Schultz (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 21: Lincoln Diaz-Balart? (R-I) v Raul Martinez (D)
District 22: Ron Klein (D-I) v Allen West (R)
District 23: Alcee Hastings? (D-I) v Marion Thorpe, Jr. (R)
District 24: Tom Feeney (R-I) v ??? (D)
District 25: Mario Diaz-Balart (R-I) v ??? (D)

------------------------------------


Governor- No race in 2008