Tennessee

If Al Gore could not win this state for the Democrats, when he was born here, then it is going to take quite a bit to convince me that Tennessee won't easily go toward John McCain in 2008. The GOP is very safe here. That includes going down the ticket.

President-

Status: Solid GOP
Electoral Votes: 11
Head to Head:

------------------------

Senate-

Status: MOD GOP Hold

Incumbant: Lamar Alexander (R)
Challenger(s): Robert Tuke (D), Mike Padgett (D)

----------------------------

House- No competitive house races

Overall:
District 1: David Davis? (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 2: John Duncan, Jr. (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 3: Zach Wamp? (R-I) vs. Doug Vandagriff (D)
District 4: Lincoln Davis? (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 5: Jim Cooper (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 6: Bart Gordon (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 7: Marsha Blackburn? (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 8: John Tanner (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 9: Steve Cohen (D-I) (currently unopposed)

---------------------

Governor- No race in 2008