Georgia

Georgia has been one of the most reliable states for the GOP in the previous elections. Even in 2006, when the GOP fell hard in most places, two democratic incumbants had a hard time retaining their seats, and is likely to be competitive again in 2008. The biggest wildcard as far as the presidential election is the effect of Obama in southern states. Obama has polled well in southern states thus far, but it would be shock if Georgia was anything but red in 2008.

President-
Electoral Votes: 15
President Status: Solid Republican
Head to Head Polls: None


-----------------------------------------------------


Senate-
Status: Strong Republican
Incumbant: Saxby Chambliss (R)

Challengers: Josh Lanier (D) Dale Cardwell (D) Rand Knight (D) Vernon Jones (D)

Head to Head Polls: None

-------------------------------------------------------

House Races:

Competitive Races:
District 8: Toss-Up
District 12: Leans Democrat

Overall Look-
District 1: Jack Kingston(R-I) V Bill Gillespie (D)
District 2: Sanford Bishop (D-I) V ???
District 3: Lynn Westmoreland (R-I) V Shyam Reddy (D)
District 4: Hank Johnson (D) V ???
District 5: John Lewis (D-I) V ???
District 6: Thomas Price (R-I) V ???
District 7: John Linder (R-I) V ??? (D)
District 8: Jim Marshall (D-I) V Mac Collins (R)
District 9: Nathan Deal (R-I) V ??? (D)
District 10: Paul Broun, Jr.? (R-I) V Terry Holley? (D)
District 11: Phil Gingrey (R-I) V ??? (D)
District 12: John Barrow (D) V ??? (R)
District 13: David Scott? (D) V Deborah Huneycutt (R)

-------------------------------------------------------

Governor: No Governor race in 2008.