Michigan

Michigan will be a true battleground for the 2008 election, if early polls hold true. And what a differnence it could make in the election. Even if the GOP falls short in Ohio, assuming they keep states such as Nevada and Colorado, they would get the victory in the general election. The democrats can't take this state lightly or they could end up in real trouble in November. I don't expect that they will.

Democrats should be in good shape as far as the senate goes, as the Incumbant Carl Levin is seeking his 6th term. Not liking the GOPs chances here.

There is a house race that the GOP will have to battle to keep, and that race is District 7. I don't expect him to lose this seat. He was able to get a first term in an off year for the GOP, so I would be shocked if they fell short now.

President-

Status: Weak DEM
Electoral Votes: 17

Head to Head Polls: None


----------------------------

Senate-

Current Status: Solid DEM Hold
Incumbant: Carl Levin (D)

Challengers: Jacob Hoogendyk (R), Bart Baron (R)

---------------------------

House-

Competitive races: District 7

District 7-
Incumbant: Tim Walberg (R-I)
Challengers: Mark Schauer (D), Sharon Marie Renier (D)

Status: Weak GOP Hold

Overall:
District 1: Bart Stupak (D-I) vs. Tom Casperson (R)
District 2: Peter Hoekstra (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 3: Vernon Ehlers (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 4: Dave Lee Camp (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 5: Dale Kildee? (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 6: Fred Upton (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 8: Michael Rogers (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 9: Joseph Knollenberg (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 10: Candice Miller (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 11: Thad McCotter (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 12: Sandy Levin (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 13: Carolyn Kilpatrick (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 14: John Conyers Jr. (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 15: John Dingell (D-I) (currently unopposed)

---------------------------

Governor- No race in 2008