North Carolina

Could North Carolina be on the table for the Democrats in 2008? In you look deep into the polls, some would say maybe. Polls have been suprisingly tight. In the senate, Elesebeth Dole will look to retain her seat and a Governor race is in store for us alos in this state.


President-

Status: Solid GOP
Electoral Votes: 15
Head to Head: poll recored after intial projection

-----------------

Senate-

Status: Leans GOP (MOD GOP Hold)

Incumbant: Elizabeth Dole (R)

DEM Challengers: Kay Hagan, Marcus Williams, Howard Staley, Duskin Lassiter, Jim Neal, Jr

Head to Head:


---------------

House-

Competitive races: District 8

District 8-

Incumbant: Robin Hayes (R)

DEM Challengers: Larry Kissell (D)

Overall:
District 1: G.K. Butterfield (D-I) vs. Dean Stphens (R)
District 2: Bob Etheridge (D-I) vs. Dan Mansell (R)
District 3: Walter Jones, Jr.? (R-I) vs. ??? (D) - possibly competitive
District 4: David Price (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 5: Virginia Foxx (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 6: Howard Coble (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 7: Mike McIntyre (D-I) vs. Will Breazeale (R)
District 8: Robin Hayes (R-I) vs. Larry Kissell (D)
District 9: Sue Myrick (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 10: Patrick McHenry? (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 11: Heath Shuler (D-I) vs. ??? (R) - possibly competitive
District 12: Melvin Watt (D-I) vs. Ty Cobb, Jr. (R)
District 13: Brad Miller? (D-I) vs. Hugh Webster (R)

--------------

Governor- Open

Status: Weak DEM Hold

DEM Candidates: Beverly Perdue (D), Richard Moore (D), Dennis Nielson (D)
GOP Candidates: Fred Smith (R), Bill Graham (R), Patrick McCrory (R), Bob Orr (R)