Pennsylvania


It would be nothing less than a blessing if the GOP were to somehow pick this state up and win, but their prospects are not very good. They always seem to keep this state close but they simply can't get over the edge. I think in 2008 you will see a similar trend as Pennsylvania will be pretty close but the demcrat will likely win in the end.
President-
Status: Weak DEM
Electoral Votes: 21
Head to Head:
------------------
Senate- No race in 2008
------------------
House-
Competitve House races: District 4, District 10
District 4-
Status: Weak DEM Hold
Incumbant: Jason Altmire (D)
Challenger(s): Melissa Hart (R)
District 10-
Status: Weak DEM Hold
Incumbant: Chris Carney (D)
Challenger(s): Chris Hackett(R) , Dan Meuser (R)
Overall:
District 1: Bob Brady (D-I) vs. Mike Muhammad (R)
District 2: Chaka Fattah (D-I) vs. Michael Livingston (R)
District 3: Phil English (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 4: Jason Altmire (D-I) vs. Chris Hackett (R)
District 5: OPEN: ??? (R) vs. ??? (D)
District 6: Jim Gerlach (R-I) vs. Robert Roggio (D) - possibly competitive
District 7: Joseph Sestak (D-I) vs. Craig Williams (R)
District 8: Patrick Murphy (D-I) vs. Thomas Manion (R) - possibly competitive
District 9: Bill Shuster (R-I) vs. Tony Barr (D)
District 10: Chris Carney (D-I) vs. ???(R)
District 11: Paul Kanjorski (D-I) vs. Louis Barletta (R)
District 12: John Murtha (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 13: Allyson Schwartz (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 14: Mike Doyle (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 15: Charlie Dent (R-I) vs. Sam Bennett (D)
District 16: Joseph Pitts (R-I) vs. Bruce Slater (D)
District 17: Tim Holden (D-I) vs. Toni Gilhooley (R)
District 18: Tim Murphy (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 19: Todd Platts (R-I) vs. Phil Avillo, Jr. (D)
------------------
Governor- No race in 2008