Illinois

Illinois is a solid Democratic state and I see no nothing that might change that. Obama is a native from this state, so that can only add to the sure win here. There is a Senate race, but it will not be competitive, and there is only one house race to keep an eye on.

--------------

President-

Status: Solid Democrat
Electoral Votes: 21
Head to Head Polls:


----------------


Senate-

Status: Solid DEM Hold

Dem Candidate: Richard Durbin
GOP Candidate: Steven Sauerberg
Head to Head Polls: None
--------------------------------

House-

Competitive Races: District 11

OPEN:

Status: Weak GOP Hold
DEM Candidate: Debbie Halvorson
GOP Candidate: Tim Baldermann

District 1: Bobby Rush (D-I) vs. Antoine Members (R)
District 2: Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 3: Daniel Lipinski (D-I) vs. Michael Hawkins (R)
District 4: Luis Gutierrez (D-I) vs. Ann Melichar? (R)
District 5: Rahm Emanuel (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 6: Peter Roskam (R-I) vs. Jill Morgenthaler (D)
District 7: Danny Davis (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 8: Melissa Bean (D-I) vs. Steve Greenberg (R) - possibly competitive
District 9: Jan Schakowsky (D-I) vs. Michael Younan (R)
District 10: Mark Steven Kirk (R-I) vs. Daniel Seals (D) - possibly competitive
District 12: Jerry Costello (D-I) vs. Tim Richardson, Jr. (R)
District 13: Judy Biggert (R-I) vs. Scott Harper (D)
District 14: Bill Foster (D-I) vs. Jim Oberweis (R) - possibly competitive
District 15: Tim Johnson (R-I) vs. Tim Cox (D)
District 16: Donald Manzullo (R-I) vs. Robert Abboud (D)
District 17: Philip Hare (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 18: OPEN: Aaron Schock (R) vs. ??? (D) - possibly competitive
District 19: John Shimkus (R-I) vs. Daniel Davis (D)

-----------------------

Governor- No race in 2008