Missouri

The GOP is obviously having some trouble right now. Even so that states they normally have little trouble with are starting to fall away to the Democratic party. Missouri is much less than a lock for the GOP in the presidential race this year. They have no senate, or competitive house races in 2008, but I expect them to fall to the Democrats in the Governor race.

President-

Status: Leans Republican
Electoral Votes: 11

Head to Head: None

-----------------------

Senate- No race in 2008

-----------------------

House- no competitive house races

Overall:
District 1: Lacy Clay Jr. (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 2: Todd Akin (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 3: Russ Carnahan (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 4: Ike Skelton (D-I) vs. Stanley Plough, Jr. (R)
District 5: Emmanuel Cleaver, II (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 6: Samuel Graves, Jr. (R-I) vs. Kay Barnes? (D)
District 7: Roy Blunt (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 8: Jo Ann Emerson (R-I) vs. Joe Allen (D)
District 9: OPEN: ??? (R) vs. ??? (D) - possibly competitive

-----------------------

Governor- Open

Status: Weak DEM Gain

GOP Candidates: Kenny Hulshof, Sarah Steelman
DEM Candidates: Jay Nixon