Washington


The Democrat should win the 11 electoral votes put forth by the west coast state in 2008. But that isn't the most signifigant race in this state. No, it is the rematch between Incumbant Christine Gregoire (D) and Dino Rossi (R). When you talk about going down to the wire, that is exactly what went down in 2004. More intriging is that Rossi could have easily won a senate seat had he ran for it, but the Governor's mansion is what he seems to want. After two recounts that showed Rossi the winner in 2004, a judge ordered yet another recount that gave Gregoire the win. Any futher recounts were turned down, and so Rossi will battle Gregoire yet again in is what I think one of the best races this year.
Make sure you don't forget about a good house race in district 8, which should be another close race.
President-
Status: Solid DEM
Electoral Votes: 11
Head to Head:
-----------------
Senate- No race in 2008
-----------------
House-
District 8-
Status: Weak GOP Hold
Incumbant: Dave Reichert (R)
Challenger(s): Darcy Burner (D), James Vaughn (D)
Overall:
District 1: Jay Inslee (D-I) vs. Larry Ishmael (R)
District 2: Rick Larsen (D-I) vs. Rick Bart (R)
District 3: Brian Baird (D-I) vs. Michael Delavar (R)
District 4: Richard "Doc" Hastings (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 5: Cathy McMorris (R-I) vs. Peter Goldmark (D)
District 6: Norman Dicks? (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 7: Jim McDermott (D-I) vs. Steve Beren (R)
District 8: Dave Reichert (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 9: Adam Smith (D-I) (currently unopposed)
-----------------
Governor-
Status:
Status: Weak DEM Hold
Incumbant: Christine Gregoire (D)
Challenger: Dino Rossi (R)