Texas

Texas is a really big state. And by the way, it carries a huge amount of electoral votes. It has been very benefical to the GOP that the Bush family has produced victories here time and time again, and while there isn't a Bush on the ticket this year, they are still going to win, even if less than previous elections. Check on the huge House race of Tom Delay's former district, it is a nice oppurtunity for a GOP pickup.

President-

Status: Solid GOP
Electoral Votes: 34
Head to Head:

-------------------------

Senate-

Status: Solid GOP Hold

Incumbant: John Cornyn (R)
Challenger(s): Richard Noriega (D)


------------------------------

House-


District 22-

Status: Weak GOP Gain

Incumbant: Nick Lampson (D)
Challenger(s): Pete Olsen (R)

Overall
District 1: Louie Gohmert (R-I) (unopposed)
District 2: Ted Poe (R-I) (unopposed)
District 3: Sam Johnson (R-I) vs. Thomas Daley (D)
District 4: Ralph Hall (R-I) vs. Glenn Melancon (D)
District 5: Jeb Hensarling (R-I) (unopposed)
District 6: Joe Barton (R-I) vs. Ludwig Otto (D)
District 7: John Culberson (R-I) vs. Michael Skelly (D)
District 8: Kevin Brady (R-I) vs. Kent Hargett (D)
District 9: Al Green (D-I) (unopposed)
District 10: Mike McCaul (R-I) vs. Larry Joe Doherty (D)
District 11: Michael Conaway (R-I) (unopposed)
District 12: Kay Granger (R-I) vs. Tracey Smith (D)
District 13: "Mac" Thornberry (R-I) vs. Roger Waun (D)
District 14: Ron Paul (R-I) (unopposed)
District 15: Ruben Hinojosa (D-I) vs. Eddie Zamora (R)
District 16: Silvestre Reyes (D-I) (unopposed)
District 17: Chet Edwards (D-I) vs. Rob Curnock (R)
District 18: Sheila Jackson Lee (D-I) vs. John Faulk (R)
District 19: Randy Neugebauer (R-I) vs. Dwight Fullingim (D)
District 20: Charlie Gonzalez (D-I) vs. Robert Litoff (R)
District 21: Lamar Smith (R-I) (unopposed)
District 22: Pete Olsen (R) vs. Nick Lampson (D-I)
District 23: Ciro Rodriguez (D-I) vs. Lyle Larson (R)
District 24: Kenny Marchant (R-I) vs. Tom Love (D)
District 25: Lloyd Doggett (D-I) vs. George Morovich (R)
District 26: Michael Burgess (R-I) vs. Ken Leach (D)
District 27: Solomon Ortiz (D-I) vs. Willie Vaden (R)
District 28: Henry Cuellar (D-I) vs. Jim Fish (R)
District 29: Gene Green (D-I) vs. Eric Story (R)
District 30: Eddie Johnson (D-I) vs. Fred Wood (R)
District 31: John Carter (R-I) vs. Brian Ruiz (D)
District 32: Pete Sessions (R-I) vs. Eric Robertson (D)

--------------------------

Governor- No race in 2008