Louisiana

Louisiana will likely not be the safest place for the Republican party in November, but despite everything that this state has gone through, and thier anger towards George Bush about the Hurricane Katrina deal, I see Louisiana still being a moderately secure state for John McCain.

Finally, Republicans may just have a chance to acutally gain a senate seat in the coming election. Until recently, many top projection sites were looking at a Republican pick up in the state, after all, she narrowly won two straight elections, and many democrats left were believed to have fled to other states after Hurricane Katrina. But not so fast my friend, as early polls indicate that she still is maintaining a small lead in the state, so I give her the advantage.


President-

Current Projection: Leans Republican
Electoral Votes: 9
Head to Head Polls: None



------------------------------

Senate-

Current Projection: Weak DEM Hold

Incumbant- Mary Landrieu (D)
Republican Challenger(s): U.S. Rep Richard Backer, Suzanne Haik Terrell, Secretary of State Jay Dardenne

Head to Head Polls: None


---------------------------------

House-

Competitive Races: None

Overall:
District 1: Steve Scalise (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 2: William Jefferson? (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 3: Charlie Melancon (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 4: OPEN: ??? (R) vs. ??? (D) - possibly competitive
District 5: Rodney Alexander (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 6: Don Carazyoux (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 7: Charles Boustany Jr. (R-I) (currently unopposed)



----------------------------------

Governor- No race in 2008