Minnesota


Minnesota is not a lock for the Democratic party, especially in a state that many contend vote for the 'idependent'. McCain would seem like a nice fit for them, but as the polls go, he isn't really matched up well up to this point. Expect a win for Obama.

Many expect freshman senator Norm Coleman (R) to have a tough fight in his quest for another term. If the DEM candidate is anyone other than comedian Al Franken, I would agree that this is a close one. Not to say that Al Franken can't win this race, but I think people really underestimate Coleman's ability to win. I give him a close but smooth victory...for the moment.

Keep a close eye on disctrict 3 in the house, as the Republicans will battle to hold yet another seat in the house.




President-

Current Status: Solid DEM
Electoral Vote: 10
Head to Head Polls: None



----------------------

Senate- Leans GOP (MOD GOP Hold)

Incumbant: Norm Coleman (R)

Democratic Challengers:
Al Franken
Darryl Stanton
Richard Franson
Jack Nelson


------------------------

House-

Competitive races: District 3

District 3: Open

Status: Weak GOP Hold

GOP Candidates: Erik Paulsen, Kurt Zellers
DEM Candidates: Terri Bonoff, Jim Hovland, Ashwin Madia






---
Overall:
District 1: Tim Walz (D-I) vs. ??? (R) - possibly competitive
District 2: John Kline (R-I) vs. Steve Sarvi? (D)
District 4: Betty McCollum (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 5: Keith Ellison (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 6: Michele Bachmann (R-I) vs. Elwin Tinklenberg? (D)
District 7: Collin Peterson (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 8: James Oberstar (D-I) (currently unopposed)


-------------------------


Governor- No race in 2008