New Jersey

For at least a little while in the 2004 race, some were saying that George W. Bush was making it a close race. That didn't seem to last going into election day as John Kerry easily won the state. This time around, I see something of the same thing. I think some polls will show it close for a while, but eventually the Demcoratic candidate will pull away.

In the senate, the democrat will cruise to another victory. The house has two seats that are expected to be competitive.


President-

Status: Solid DEM
Electoral Votes: 15
Head to Head Polls:
------

Senate-

Status: Solid DEM Hold

Incumbant: Frank Lautenberg (D)
Other candidates: Robert Andrews (D), Donald Cresitello (D)

GOP Challengers: Murray Sabrin, Joseph Pennacchio, Andrew Unanue

-----

House-

Competitive house races: District 3, District 7

District 3- Open

Status: Weak GOP Hold

DEM candidates: John Adler
GOP candidates: Christopher Myers, John Kelly, Mario Boemia, Justin Murphy, Suzanne Penna, Sam Dogan


Distrit 7- Open

Status: Weak DEM Gain

DEM candidates: Linda Stender, Upendra Chivukula
GOP candidates: Kate Whitman, Leonard Lance, A.D. Amar, Chris Venis, Victor Sordillo

Overall:
District 1: OPEN: ??? (D) vs. ??? (R)
District 2: Frank LoBiondo (R-I) vs. Jeff Van Drew (D)
District 3: OPEN: ??? (R) vs. ??? (D)
District 4: Christopher Smith (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 5: Scott Garrett (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 6: Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 7: ??? (D) vs. ??? (R)
District 8: Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 9: Steven Rothman(D-I) vs. Vince Micco (R)
District 10: Donald Payne? (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 11: Rodney Frelinghuysen? (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 12: Rush Holt (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 13: Albio Sires (D) (currently unopposed)

------

Governor- no race in 2008