New York

New York is labeled one of the least conservitive states in the country, and unsprisingly is will remain that way in 2008.

There is no senate or governor race in 2008, but take a look at four house races that are expected to be competitive.





President-
Status: Solid DEM
Electoral Votes: 31
Head to Head: polls recored after intial projection

--------------------

Senate- No race in 2008

--------------------

House-

Competitive races: District 20, 25, 26, 29

District 20-

Status: Weak DEM Hold

Incumbant: Kirsten Gillibrand (D)
GOP Challengers: Sandy Treachwell (R), John Wallace (R) , Michael Rocque (R)


District 25- Open

Status: Weak DEM Gain

DEM Candidates: Dan Maffei (D)
GOP Candidates: Bob Oaks (R), Ronald Jennings (R), David Gay (R)


District 26- Open

Status: Weak GOP Hold

DEM Candidates: Jack Davis, Jr, Alice Kryzan, Jonathan Powers
GOP Candidates: Bill Reilich, Jordan Levy, Rick Lewis, Micheal Powers


District 29-

Status: Weak GOP Hold

Incumbant: Randy Kuhl, Jr (R)
DEM Challengers: Eric Massa


Overall:
District 1: Tim Bishop (D-I) vs. Lee Zeldin (R)
District 2: Steve Israel (D-I) vs. Frank Stalzer (R)
District 3: Peter King (R-I) (currently unopposed)
District 4: Carolyn McCarthy (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 5: Gary Ackerman (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 6: Gregory Meeks (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 7: Joseph Crowley (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 8: Jerrold Nadler (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 9: Anthony Weiner (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 10: Edolphus Towns? (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 11: Yvette Clarke (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 12: Nydia Velazquez (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 13: Vito Fossella (R-I) vs. ??? (D)
District 14: Carolyn Maloney (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 15: Charles Rangel (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 16: Jose Serrano (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 17: Eliot Engel (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 18: Nita Lowey (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 19: John Hall (D-I) vs. ??? (R) - possibly competitive
District 20: Kirsten Gillibrand (D-I) vs. ??? (R)
District 21: OPEN: ??? (D) vs. Jim Buhrmaster? (R)
District 22: Maurice Hinchey (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 23: John McHugh (R-I) vs. Mike Oot (D)
District 24: Michael Arcuri (D-I) vs. Richard Hanna (R)
District 25: OPEN: ??? (D) vs. ??? (R)
District 26: OPEN: ??? (R) vs. ??? (D)
District 27: Brian Higgins (D-I) vs. Daniel Humiston (R)
District 28: Louise Slaughter (D-I) (currently unopposed)
District 29: Randy Kuhl, Jr (R-I) vs. ??? (D)


-----------------

Governor- No race in 2008